Monday, November 24, 2008

A DAY AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE

So today has been one terrible day! It all started with Ryan waking up even sicker than she was yesterday. Her cough moved from a dry one to a very mucousy rough one and her nose, well it hasn't stopped running all day. So I made an appointment to go see Dr. Garcia at the Foothills Pediatric office at 11:30 this morning thinking I would be home before Ryan's nap at around 1:00 and what time did I get home? 3:00, THAT'S RIGHT! I was waiting to be seen for 2 hours which I was totally not prepared for, my own fault. I didn't have any snacks, toys or books. Nothing seemed to entertain Ryan except for a little comb I happened to have in my purse and a tiny piece of gum. After two hours of being in the waiting room with a ton of other sick kids one of which had pink eye and another who had the flu we finally were called back. Ryan was tested for RSV which she HAS and she had a fever so they had to do a breathing treatment on her and give her some tylenol. we'll have to continue to do the treatments for two weeks. She is completely miserable and I feel so bad for her. Anyway, to top it off we don't have insurance at the moment, once again I'm partly to blame, so with the office visit, machine which I now own and prescriptions it was a pretty pricey appointment. Luckily McDonald's was across the street so I headed over there thinking that Ryan would love a kids meal with apple juice, her favorite, she wouldn't eat anything and spilled the juice all over herself! Should I go on? I know I'm going off but it has just been a really bad day and to top all of that off I'm the one that ended up eating her whole kid's meal! LET THE HOLIDAYS BEGIN!

10 comments:

becbloggin said...

oh so sorry melissa! i hate those kind of days!! tomorrow has to be better :) hope ryan is feeling good soon...

Tara said...

Melissa,
I am SO sorry! I think we've all been there a time or two and can empathize with you, but what a rotten day. I have had 2 of my 4 (hopefully Owen escapes it this winter) that have had RSV and it is no fun. Just know that she will get better, even though it seems the sickness could go on forever.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the eating the kid's meal.... Just think about it as your starting the holiday's early! I ate chuck tonight and you know what that means!!!!

Mandy Frehner said...

Bummer, I hate waiting in doctors' offices! Too bad they can't give out pagers- then at least you wouldn't have to be around other sickly children. Hope your little cutie feels better soon!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Oh I'm soooo sorry Melissa! NOTHING is worse than sick kids. I am hearing more and more people that their kids have RSV. That thing is TERRIBLE. I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers. I think Mandy is onto something with the Pagers idea like when you are at a restaurant. That's brilliant! I hate sitting in there with other sick kids since you don't really want your child to pick up anything more than they already have! Good luck!!!!

Michelle said...

That stinks! Let me know if we can help!

Tiffney said...

I hope Ryan feels better. I hate the nebulizer but it totally pays off to have it. It is Lucy's best friend. And by the way after two hours at the doctor, I think you did pretty good only eating the kids meal. In my opinion, that is the kind of day that screams candy bar.

Walker Family said...

Ahhhh man! How awful! I hope she starts feeling better soon!! I am hoping Nathan stays away from sickness this holiday season and winter...He's such a sweetheart, and so mellow and calm, it breaks my heart to think of him being sick and miserable...Welcome to being a mom right? Good luck and hope she's better soon!

Hibbard Family said...

You can put that one on the books as a pretty crappy day - hopefully she'll start getting better soon!

Chris and Jodi said...

RSV!!!!! NNNNNOOOOOOOO! oh melissa I know how you feel. At least she didn't have to go to the hospital like chase, that could have been a much higher bill, right? I'm so sorry sick kids are the worst, but don't worry she will get better. Miss you!

Latest books

  • A Countess Below Stairs
  • Mr. Darcy's Diary
  • Eclipse