Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

So I know Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is upon us but I wanted to make note of a couple of things from Thanksgiving day. We started the day off at my parent's house eating a wonderful meal, as always. I think my mom is one of the best cooks I know. The table lacked nothing and neither did my stomach....stuffed ! All of my siblings were present except Ryan and Kristin and their 3 little boys. Hopefully next year they will be able to come and every year after that. It was fun to see all of the little kids playing together...it seems like yesterday that I was one of the little kids running around and stuffing my face with rolls and pumpkin pie. After the feast we rested, much needed, and then my mom, Carilynn and I went to the movies. We saw four Christmases, I would not recommend it. All in all it was a great Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Mandy Frehner said...

We ad our family together for the first time in a few years. It was pretty cool. It's nice to just eat and relax and let Mom do most of the cooking! Good for you for getting to a movie too, lucky girl:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I also saw Four Christmases on Thanksgiving and although I love Reese Witherspoon I also wouldn't recommend it. I don't really like Vince Vaughn though and think he's vulgar. :) Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving though.

Stephanie said...

Melissa--

I don't have an up to date phone number or email for you and I need to email you an invitation to a party this Friday--Dec. 12th. Can you call me or email me? Thanks.

#565-6940 OR #513-5188

nvmorrisfamily@gmail.com

Hibbard Family said...

I know what you mean about feeling like it was just a few years ago that you were the kid running around! Glad you guys had a great holiday :)

Latest books

  • A Countess Below Stairs
  • Mr. Darcy's Diary
  • Eclipse