Friday, May 22, 2009

There's No Place Like Home!

So we have some big news..........WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!! We are so excited to be leaving the apartment life behind and to take on the responsibilities of owning our first home. It's just up the road a ways from where we are now. It's going to need some upgrading inside but it's big enough that hopefully we'll be able to stay there for a long time and make everything just the way we want it. Hopefully we will be in by the end of next month but as long as we're in before the baby comes I'm ok. I'm going to eventually be posting before and after photos as we work our magic inside but those photos won't be coming for quite some time. One really sad fact about moving is that we will be leaving our ward which I've really enjoyed being a part of but I know our new ward will be great too. Our house is just out of our ward boundaries but at least we'll be close to friends and family in our old ward.

10 comments:

Mandy Frehner said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news for you guys. You'll have fun putting your touch on everything.

Liz's Blog said...

I'm happy that you guys found a house! I'll be so sad to loose you guys as neighbors...but I know how much happier life will be in your new house! Can't wait to see it! Congrats! XOXO

Ryan and Angela said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations! Isn't it the best feeling to know that you will be done with apartment living forever?!?! Sounds like you got the area that you wanted to be in too!

Cairen said...

Congrats! We will be so sad to not have you in our ward anymore, but that is SO FUN that you will get to move to a home with some extra elbow room. I am bummed that I will have to get two new visiting teachers since you and Kaydence are both moving out of the ward! :(

Launa Nicole said...

Where is the new house? What ward will you be in? We will have to get together during my track break in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll have to make an appointment now that Rebecca is in town.

Ed and Bel said...

Hey, I was looking at Brooke H. blog and saw yours. How are you doing? I am soooo happy for you, a house and a baby! YA! Looks like you having a great time in Las Vegas.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the purchase of your new home! You must be so rxcited. I am so happy for you two!

Hibbard Family said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting! Too bad about having to leave a great ward, but a new house will be worth it.

ginger said...

hey congrats!! i hope everything works out to get in before you have this baby!!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Congrats on the new house! that is so exciting for you guys! Good luck on fixing it the way you want it. :) We have been doing remodeling on our house for 5 years and still aren't done...hopefully you can get done way faster. :)

Latest books

  • A Countess Below Stairs
  • Mr. Darcy's Diary
  • Eclipse